GET THE LOOK – YELLOW ( and my tips how to apply it)
Inlägget innehåller reklam genom annonslänkar för KICKS
This post contains affiliate links for KICKS
I love a bright canary yellow.
It can be a really powerful makeup detail.
I did this makeup for KICKS and they wrote about the trendy colour here
Below you find my tips for applying blod bright colours:
- When using a single colour, especially this powerful, I recommend using it alone, as a block colour.
I prefer the matte versions, as they tend to be more bold.
Not easier to apply though. It takes some practice to make it perfect!
The yellow on the lids in the picture is from MAC in colour CROME YELLOW
- I always prep the eyearea with an eyeprimer so the pigment has something to grab onto.
My eyeprimer is from YSL Beauty but this one from Urban Decay also works great.
- Use a flat medium size eyeshadow brush for better control of the pigment. I like this one ,or a more budget friendly version like this one .
With the brush, press the pigment onto the eyelid gently. Don’t go all the way up to the brows. Fade out gently , starting slightly outside the globe line.
- Blow away access powder that falls down under the eye, or have a kleenex or small fan brush ready on hand.
- When using brighter colours on the eye, I leave the rest of the face undone and do the base afterwards.
It´s easier to clean up small mishaps that way.
- Mascara is a good idea to add when using yellow. It brightens and open up. I like a jet black version as a contrast.
But leave the lips and cheeks natural. I love to use a good lipbalm like this one from By Terry.
If you still want a colour I suggest aiming for peachy or rose.
Image from KICKS
Photographed by Cornelia Wahlberg
Art direction by Anna Pi Lennstrand
Stylist Ursula Wångander
Hairstylist Lasse pedersen
Makeupartist Marina Andersson
Model Linda Young
READ COMMENTS -
LEAVE A COMMENT